Can I travel to Puerto Rico with my work permit?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

I know that puerto rico is part of the US and I am planning to travel with my friends to puerto rico but I'm not a citizen nor do I have a green card i just have a work permit because of the deferred action.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

2

Answered . When you travel to Puerto Rico, what you need is a government issued ID, just like all the other passengers, i.e. a driver's license or a state ID card. I don't recommend flashing out a USCIS issued work authorization card at the TSA checkpoint, lest you want to make everyone aware that you are a foreigner. Apply for a social security card, and once you have it, together with your work permit, go and apply for either a driver's license or a NY state issued ID. You should then have no problem traveling to and back from PR.
    Have a good trip!

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Behar.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Yes