Can i travel to my home country with 8 months to expiry of H1B visa?

Flushing, NY |

My H1B visa expire in end of September 2013. I am planing a trip to my home country in 1st week of February for 2 weeks. I haven't filed for extension yet. I will do that once i come back. Really appreciate a response.

1. In my opinion, you should be fine. It's nowhere near expiring.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.

2. I don't see any problem based on what you are saying. Is there some other reason you are concerned other than the H1B expiration date?

3. When does the I-94 expire? If you travel very close to its expiration without the employer seeking an extension, it will be difficult to convince the Officer upon return that the job offer is still open.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.