Can i travel to my home country with 8 months to expiry of H1B visa?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Flushing, NY

My H1B visa expire in end of September 2013. I am planing a trip to my home country in 1st week of February for 2 weeks. I haven't filed for extension yet. I will do that once i come back. Really appreciate a response.

1. Justin G. Randolph

1

Answered . In my opinion, you should be fine. It's nowhere near expiring.

2. Eric Elliot Ludin

Answered . I don't see any problem based on what you are saying. Is there some other reason you are concerned other than the H1B expiration date?

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . When does the I-94 expire? If you travel very close to its expiration without the employer seeking an extension, it will be difficult to convince the Officer upon return that the job offer is still open.