Can i travel to india when my amendment has filed with USCIS?

San Francisco, CA |

My amendment has been filed with USCIS for client address change. Due to some personal reasons i want to travel to india in Dec for 2 weeks veccation.Can i travel and come back to USA? my visa validity is Sep 2014

1. I don't see a problem however there is always a risk associated with travel.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

2. You should be able to. Hopefully you won't have a very inquisitive CBP officer at the airport upon your return. Best to have a letter from employer, copy of last three pay stubs with you upon your return, Just in case you are asked.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Yes

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Bring employer letter and proof of current employment like pay stubs.

5. You can travel but you need to be prepared to demonstrate at the port of entry, in the even that the officer decides to ask you some questions, that you are currently lawfully employed.

I'm a lawyer so I am sure you are expecting a disclaimer. This information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You can call us at 916-613-3553 to schedule a consultation. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation and does not create an attorney-client relationship.