Can I travel to europe and return to US using my passport stamped h1b visa while i130 and i485 are pending? should I delay 130?

Asked about 1 year ago - 33132

Was just married last week in US to husband, who was born in US. My h1b has been extended twice, and will expire in June. I want to travel to europe, and return to the US while my h1b is still valid. My husband wants to file I-130 and I-485 before I travel abroad. His attorney says that I can exit/enter US using my h1b just as I have several times before we were married. He says that I do not need advanced parole, and that my 485 will not be "abandoned" if I travel. Furthermore, he says that I should have no problem returning to the US as long as I have the h1b and 797b work permit. My employer handled legal affairs before, but now I have to get my own legal asistance. Please give an opinion before I commit to any action, as I need to spend a lot of money, and want to do it right.

1. Jose Antonio Moreno

4

Answered . I agree.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . Yes you can travel. I do suggest you file the I-130/I-485 and advance parole now before you travel.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

If you have additional questions, you can always contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.