Can i travel to Abroad with two conviction

Asked over 1 year ago - Hershey, PA

Can i travel to abroad with 2 convictions i got caught in shop lifting got 2 tickets for same crime, i was with my frd so they charged me conspiracy charge. i am scared if i return from my country can border security officer check my criminal background? if he find out that i have 2 convictions can they send me back to my country? can i apply for waiver before leave the country ? how much time take for waiver? kindly advice me

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . You will have a problem. Talk to an immigration attorney in PA. The requirement that the crimes be from different occurrences is not applicable to inadmissibility. You might be found inadmissible and have a HUGE headache while coming back. This is at the time, when you are not deplorable.

2. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

1

Answered . First question - what is your current status?

No - these convictions are considered multiple crimes involving moral turpitude (even if you stole a pen at $1.00). If you travel, you will be deemed inadmissible. If you are a green card holder and apply for citizenship, you will be placed in removal (deportation ) proceedings. Customs will not allow you to be "admitted" back into the United States - you will likely be parolled and served with a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Court.

If you apply for ANY type of benefit (for example a green card, or if you apply for citizenship) you will be deemed inadmissible under INA § 212(a)(2)(B). If you are a green card holder and apply for citizenship, you will be deemed removable under INA § 237(a)(2)(A)(ii)). Multiple crimes involving moral turpitude also subject you to MANDATORY detention under INA § 236 - that means you will NOT be eligible for bail.

You need to call an immigration attorney ASAP. There are things that can be done depending on the facts.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . I wouldn't make plans to travel anywhere before having consulted with an experienced immigration lawyer who is also familiar with the consequences of criminal convictions in your state.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.