Skip to main content

Can i travel to Abroad with two conviction

Hershey, PA |

Can i travel to abroad with 2 convictions i got caught in shop lifting got 2 tickets for same crime, i was with my frd so they charged me conspiracy charge. i am scared if i return from my country can border security officer check my criminal background? if he find out that i have 2 convictions can they send me back to my country? can i apply for waiver before leave the country ? how much time take for waiver? kindly advice me

Attorney Answers 4


I wouldn't make plans to travel anywhere before having consulted with an experienced immigration lawyer who is also familiar with the consequences of criminal convictions in your state.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


First question - what is your current status?

No - these convictions are considered multiple crimes involving moral turpitude (even if you stole a pen at $1.00). If you travel, you will be deemed inadmissible. If you are a green card holder and apply for citizenship, you will be placed in removal (deportation ) proceedings. Customs will not allow you to be "admitted" back into the United States - you will likely be parolled and served with a Notice to Appear before an Immigration Court.

If you apply for ANY type of benefit (for example a green card, or if you apply for citizenship) you will be deemed inadmissible under INA § 212(a)(2)(B). If you are a green card holder and apply for citizenship, you will be deemed removable under INA § 237(a)(2)(A)(ii)). Multiple crimes involving moral turpitude also subject you to MANDATORY detention under INA § 236 - that means you will NOT be eligible for bail.

You need to call an immigration attorney ASAP. There are things that can be done depending on the facts.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Steven Sahag Vosbikian


I just realized that this is not two separate incidents - it is one incident. That will change things (as the crime involving moral turpitude is not arising out of a single scheme). You need to speak with an attorney.


You will have a problem. Talk to an immigration attorney in PA. The requirement that the crimes be from different occurrences is not applicable to inadmissibility. You might be found inadmissible and have a HUGE headache while coming back. This is at the time, when you are not deplorable.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics