Can I travel outside the US during the 3 months prior applying for Naturalization?

I had a Permanent Resident Card for the last 5 years and I meet the continuous residence and physical presence requirements.

New York, NY -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Attorney Carlin was there first and said it all. All is left for me is to second his excellent post.

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

Yes. You need to be a resident of the specific state or USCIS district for 3 months immediately before you submit your naturalization application. But you may travel during that time. Residence is different from physical presence. You should consult with an immigration attorney about your naturalization application to have the best chance of success.

Ji Min Kim

Ji Min Kim

Immigration Attorney - Tacoma, WA

Agree with my colleagues.