Can I travel outside the US during the 3 months prior applying for Naturalization?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I had a Permanent Resident Card for the last 5 years and I meet the continuous residence and physical presence requirements.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Attorney Carlin was there first and said it all. All is left for me is to second his excellent post.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . Yes. You need to be a resident of the specific state or USCIS district for 3 months immediately before you submit your naturalization application. But you may travel during that time. Residence is different from physical presence. You should consult with an immigration attorney about your naturalization application to have the best chance of success.

3. Ji Min Kim

Pro

1

Answered . Agree with my colleagues.