Can i travel next year for another university on same visa ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Syracuse, NY

I'm medical student from Egypt. i got an invitation from university hospital to do a clinical rotation there & i got B1 VISA valid for 5 years.But, i won't be able to travel this year due to some family issues.
So, if i applied for another university and got accepted next year, can i travel on the same visa ?

1. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . You got your B1 visa to work in the U.S.? Is it a B1 in lieu of H1b? If there is a new employer, it seems to me you would need a new visa and to qualify again for the B1 in lieu of H1b.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . I believe you will need a new visa.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.