Can I travel domestically within the U.S. with a valid driver's license that says "Temporary Immigration Status" on it?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I'm currently in the process of changing my visa status and have a valid state driver's license that expires next year. I need to travel via airplane and wanted to know if it's safe to travel with a license that says "Temporary Immigration Status."

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree. Travel should not be an issue.

  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should be fine travelling with a valid drivers license

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should be okay.

Related Topics

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Leon Versfeld

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

The rule of thumb in US immigration status is:"You can not change status if you are not in status." This means that if your non-immigrant status has expired (i.e. B1-visitor), you can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,404 answers this week

3,767 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,404 answers this week

3,767 attorneys answering