Can I travel by car within the U.S when my deferred action is still on process?

El Paso, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I'm still on initial review since October 5,2012. I honestly don't know why they are taking long. My little brother got his already and we applaied together.

These applications are now taking 4-6 months to process as more people apply, and they don't seem to be processing them in the order they were submitted. For now, the only thing you can do is be patient and continue to take the same precautions as you did before you applied. Avoid contact with the police and with immigration authorities.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

Take the same precautionary steps. Even showing an officer that you filed for DACA does not mean that you have lawful status. Obey the laws and make sure you do not have any arrest warrants, even for unpaid traffic tickets.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at

Recommended articles about Immigration