Can I travel back to my home country for 2-3 weeks? Can my green card be revoked based on former asylum case? Please advise

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I was in court removal proceedings for 3 years based on pending asylum case. Since I married US citizen, my I-130 was approved and then I asked judge to terminate my asylum case. My case was terminated and now I adjusted my status as a permanent resident, and already received my residency 10 year green card. I am in contact in with my parents back in my home country and the situation there has changed to better side. So, does traveling back affect my current residency status or can that traveling cause problem with never-approved asylum case?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Since you were never found to be a refugee, and based on the facts you present, it does not seem that traveling back wold pose you any problems.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Given that you did not obtain a green card through asylum, traveling back to your country of birth/nationality will not have any adverse effects on your green card status.

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . As you appeared to be aware for persons filing for asylum or having been granted status in United States based on asylum, travel to the home country may be an issue. However, since you obtain your resident status based on a visa petition from your spouse travel to your own country should not be a concern for your immigration status.