Can I travel after N-400 interview?

Tucson, AZ |

I had my N-400 interview last week. I signed a paper at the end and the officer told me that she wanted to review my application again since it was very thick. I do not know when I will be notified about the result of my interview. I do not think that it will be denied. I would like to go back home to see my parents and stay there for about 2 months. Is it wise? Lets say they would deny my N-400 application for some unknown reasons to me. Are they going to revoke my green card immediately or I would be notified to appeal for green card/N-400 and I would be able to come back to the US to defend myself? What's the risk of not readmitting to the US if they deny my N-400 and revoke my green card?I have not done anything wrong but I am thinking about the worse possibilities.

Risks are different for each case. We cannot answer such questions hypothetically.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Do consult an experienced immigration attorney for specific information on your case. Good luck.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

No, it is not wise. Doing so could result in you missing a swearing in ceremony, or worse getting the N-400 denied because USCIS requested information.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration