Can I travel after N-400 interview?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tucson, AZ

I had my N-400 interview last week. I signed a paper at the end and the officer told me that she wanted to review my application again since it was very thick. I do not know when I will be notified about the result of my interview. I do not think that it will be denied. I would like to go back home to see my parents and stay there for about 2 months. Is it wise? Lets say they would deny my N-400 application for some unknown reasons to me. Are they going to revoke my green card immediately or I would be notified to appeal for green card/N-400 and I would be able to come back to the US to defend myself? What's the risk of not readmitting to the US if they deny my N-400 and revoke my green card?I have not done anything wrong but I am thinking about the worse possibilities.

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . Risks are different for each case. We cannot answer such questions hypothetically.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . Do consult an experienced immigration attorney for specific information on your case. Good luck.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No, it is not wise. Doing so could result in you missing a swearing in ceremony, or worse getting the N-400 denied because USCIS requested information.