Can i transfer probation to a different state again after being violated once?

Asked 9 months ago - Lafayette, IN

I transferred probation a couple of years ago to Texas. It was accepted but I tested positive for marijuana in Texas. I had my probation revoked and had my terms modified. My probation officer agreed to send in a request to send a transfer. I have all fines and community service completed along with classes. I still have a couple of years left on probation and was wondering if the transfer of probation will be accepted again?

1. John Douglas Razumich

Answered . It will be entirely up to the county in Texas that you are seeking to have your probation transferred to. You don't have a right to a probation transfer, and violating your probation is a good way to convince them to not accept you back.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . It will be up to the judge and the probation department in your state and the one you are moving to. You are not off to the best start.