Can i transfer probation to a different state again after being violated once?

Asked 9 months ago - Lafayette, IN

I transferred probation a couple of years ago to Texas. It was accepted but I tested positive for marijuana in Texas. I had my probation revoked and had my terms modified. My probation officer agreed to send in a request to send a transfer. I have all fines and community service completed along with classes. I still have a couple of years left on probation and was wondering if the transfer of probation will be accepted again?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Douglas Razumich

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . It will be entirely up to the county in Texas that you are seeking to have your probation transferred to. You don't have a right to a probation transfer, and violating your probation is a good way to convince them to not accept you back.

  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It will be up to the judge and the probation department in your state and the one you are moving to. You are not off to the best start.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,537 answers this week

3,472 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,537 answers this week

3,472 attorneys answering