Can i transfer probation to a different state again after being violated once?

Lafayette, IN |

I transferred probation a couple of years ago to Texas. It was accepted but I tested positive for marijuana in Texas. I had my probation revoked and had my terms modified. My probation officer agreed to send in a request to send a transfer. I have all fines and community service completed along with classes. I still have a couple of years left on probation and was wondering if the transfer of probation will be accepted again?

It will be up to the judge and the probation department in your state and the one you are moving to. You are not off to the best start.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

It will be entirely up to the county in Texas that you are seeking to have your probation transferred to. You don't have a right to a probation transfer, and violating your probation is a good way to convince them to not accept you back.