Can I transfer my probation to the county I work (but not live) in?

Asked about 1 year ago - Karnes City, TX

I am on probation in Kleberg (Kingsville, TX) county. I am already transferred to Guadalupe county (Seguin, TX) because I am living in Seguin. I am starting a new job in Seguin today too. I am going to be moving back to my mom's in Karnes county, but keeping the job in Seguin. Can I keep my probation in Guadalupe county if i keep my job there? Or do i have to transfer probation to Karnes county since i will be living there?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Joseph Eastland


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, it is possible to transfer your probation supervision again. You will need to check with your original (Kleberg County) officer to see if that is agreeable. One of the foremost items that probation officers want is for you to be gainfully employed. You will also need to notify (and ask permission) of your residence change. To be safe, I'd recommend you talk with both current officers. Good luck.

  2. Deepali Meenu Walters

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to your Seguin PO. It shouldn't be a problem to remain supervised through them.

    Attorney Meenu Walters - 210-294-2515 -
  3. Gary T. MacInnis

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can remain on probation in Guadalupe County. just make sure that your probation officer has your new address in Karnes County.

    No lawyer-client relationship exists. This answer is intended for discussion purposes only. You must obtain legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,101 answers this week

3,042 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,101 answers this week

3,042 attorneys answering