Can I transfer my probation to the county I work (but not live) in?

Asked 12 months ago - Karnes City, TX

I am on probation in Kleberg (Kingsville, TX) county. I am already transferred to Guadalupe county (Seguin, TX) because I am living in Seguin. I am starting a new job in Seguin today too. I am going to be moving back to my mom's in Karnes county, but keeping the job in Seguin. Can I keep my probation in Guadalupe county if i keep my job there? Or do i have to transfer probation to Karnes county since i will be living there?

1. John Joseph Eastland

Pro

5

1

Answered . Yes, it is possible to transfer your probation supervision again. You will need to check with your original (Kleberg County) officer to see if that is agreeable. One of the foremost items that probation officers want is for you to be gainfully employed. You will also need to notify (and ask permission) of your residence change. To be safe, I'd recommend you talk with both current officers. Good luck.

2. Deepali Meenu Walters

4

Answered . Talk to your Seguin PO. It shouldn't be a problem to remain supervised through them.

Attorney Meenu Walters - 210-294-2515 - mwalters@lawwalters.com
  3. Gary T. MacInnis

3

Answered . You can remain on probation in Guadalupe County. just make sure that your probation officer has your new address in Karnes County.