Skip to main content

Can i transfer my netpay from my fake social security number to my new social security number

Stockton, CA |

i got approved for DACA and i have received my new social security number. In the past years i have worked with a Fake social number, and have done my taxes with my ITIN number. is there a way that i can transfer my net pay from the beginning of the year to my new social security number? i already talked to my boss and he changed my social security number on my paycheck.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will probably want to post this question in the Immigration Law Q&A (and perhaps Criminal Law) section for more succinct answers. The attorney that helped you get DACA should be able to advise you on this, but I would recommend proceeding carefully, since DACA rights appear to be fairly fragile with regard to being convicted of crimes (like using a false SSN). I am attaching a link to the U.S. Code that is on point with the use of a false SSN. I wish you good luck, but I would recommend proceeding carefully with the assistance of local counsel if you are attempting to assess the risks of getting credit for work previously done under a false SSN.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. Claimants should contact local counsel for assistance with their specific cases.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer