Can I transfer my B1\B2 visa to F1 visa while I am in USA without going out of usa?

Waco, TX |

My current status is B1\B2 .How I can transfer to F1 and possible for H1

Yes it is possible to change your status inside the United States as long as your are still in lawful B1/B2 status. You would first have to discuss this matter with the international office of a university of your choice. Once they accept you and give you and I-20 you can file for a change of status from B1/B2 to F-1 student. After approved you will be in F-1 student status and we be allowed to remain in the United States as long as you are attending a full course load.

I do not recommend filing quick multiple applications for change of status. If you have a bona fide intent to go to school you may seek change of status to F-1, but not merely to wait to apply in the 2014 quota. COS will most likely be denied in that case, and you could be in trouble for misrepresentation for filing COS to F-1.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law