Can I tow someone for parking in my parking spot?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I own a parking spot, and another person in the condo complex has been parking in my spot for 6 years. The person refuses to move his car from my spot. What are my options? Can I just tow his car without notice? Do I need to get some kind of injunction or file a lawsuit first?

1. Michael Lynn Walker

6

Answered . The more amicable approach is to handle this situation via the Condo Association. You can tow his car but the tension caused may not be worth it.

2. Adam J. Lysinski

Pro

1

1

Answered . I would start with contacting the condominium association. It is likely that they have the authority to issues a warning or tow the vehicle. If this cannot be resolved through the association, hire an attorney. Good Luck.