Skip to main content

Can I throw my child out with 16 in Fl?

Hollywood, FL |
Filed under: Family law

He is abusive and not manageable

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    It used to be that you could "turn over" you child to DCF as "ungovernable," and DCF would place the child in a system similar to foster care, but now you are responsible for your children under they are 18. You can try and find a private program or someplace like that for your child, but you can't kick a child out until he or she is 18.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

  2. If you do that, you will be looking at a DCF action.

    Please note that the answers provided herein are the attorney's professional opinions based upon the attorney's experience based upon the information provided to the attorney as part of the attorney's participation in the setting of this forum. No responses posted by the attorney in question are intended to be legal advice or professional advice of any kind. No attorney-client relationship is being established or solicited. The attorney will not make any communication with the person asking the question unless that person independently contacts the attorney outside of this forum.

  3. No.

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

  4. No. Naturally, I would point you to the variety of resources that are available to us these days but I assume that you have exhausted all of them? Good luck!

    Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

    Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

  5. No. Not unless you want the DCF to be involved in your life.

    Please be careful what information you post over the internet via websites like this one. Anything you say can be used against you at a later proceeding. You may contact me for a free consultation. phone: 954-620-8320 email: Visit or

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics