Can I terminate the parental rights of my child's non-custodial parent?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Troy, AL

I have had full custody of my four year old daughter since her father abandoned us and we divorced in February, 2007. His wear-abouts are unknown. He does not pay court ordered child support and has made no attempt to contact our daughter in a year. I would like to terminate his rights and have a living will that states that my older son, age 24, would have custody of my daughter, should anything happen to me. I fear that if something were to happen to me, her father would try to get her, and given his history, this would be dangerous for her.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Bryan Blackwell

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You can file to have his parental rights terminated in either juvenile or circuit court in Pike County. Please call my office at 334-678-7780 if you would like to discuss this further.

    Bryan Blackwell
    Dothan/Enterprise, AL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,956 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,956 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering