Can I terminate child support for my children who are between 18 and 21 if they are earning more than half their support?

Asked about 2 years ago - Portland, OR

Both kids are in school and working, earning more than half of their ordered support. One is taking home $850/mo and the other I can guess is making somewhere between $350 and $400/mo. Although support is paid directly to them, they never have kept it; they give it directly to their dad so the real hardship falls on their dad.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Whether a child attending school is working and earning money or not has no bearing on their right to receive support. See ORS 107.108.

    Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,731 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,731 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering