Can I terminate child support for my children who are between 18 and 21 if they are earning more than half their support?

Both kids are in school and working, earning more than half of their ordered support. One is taking home $850/mo and the other I can guess is making somewhere between $350 and $400/mo. Although support is paid directly to them, they never have kept it; they give it directly to their dad so the real hardship falls on their dad.

Portland, OR -

Attorney Answers (1)

Jay Bodzin

Jay Bodzin

Family Law Attorney - Milwaukie, OR

Whether a child attending school is working and earning money or not has no bearing on their right to receive support. See ORS 107.108.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.