Can I terminate child support for my children who are between 18 and 21 if they are earning more than half their support?

Portland, OR |

Both kids are in school and working, earning more than half of their ordered support. One is taking home $850/mo and the other I can guess is making somewhere between $350 and $400/mo. Although support is paid directly to them, they never have kept it; they give it directly to their dad so the real hardship falls on their dad.

1. Whether a child attending school is working and earning money or not has no bearing on their right to receive support. See ORS 107.108.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com