Can i take Transit at Miami International?

Filed under: Immigration

Hi i am from India and Planning to travel to Bahamas and i am getting airfares via MIA (Maimi International Airport), and the stopovers are so long like 10-15 hours. So i want to know can i Get Transit entry to USA at the airport?

Where will you be flying from?

The reason I ask is that I don't think it is possible to fly direct from India to MIA without first touching another airport in the US.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Plus, you didn't tell us what kind of US visa, if any, that you have, or had.

Look at your itinerary, and, then call US consulate in India/ check their website to see if you need it.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Won't you land in the US before you land in Miami ?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.