Can i take public storage to court

Webster, TX |

i had trouble with a guy i dated on and off he stole my things out of my storage and i would later find out he was sleeping with the employee at ps and she helped him steal my things can i sue the company the employee took my ex to employee get togethers and and she called the police to keep me away from the property she took my things and hid them under my exs name and when she took my name off my unit she put my things back into that storage and put my exs name i have employee eyewitnesses and police document she told the police and she stalked me online im trying to find out with the website if she used ps computer to stalk me

1. The Texas Theft Liability Act is a civil remedy for suing for damages in connection with stolen property.
    You might also have a claim for conversion of personal property.

2. I agree with Attorney Devere's response. You may also have different claims against the two individuals such as fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud , which allows you to claim punitive damages. You may also have claims against the public storage entity for negligence since the female employee was their employee.

Suggest that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible. You can do so through this website's "Find a Lawyer" tool for your area.

Good luck!

My response herein is an attempt to give you general information and direction and is not intended to constitute an attorney-client relationship as perceived by state law.

3. It's unknown whether you should sue with the information provided. An attorney would need to understand a few more of the details and see some of the paperwork regarding the unit.

The above statements are provided as general information and not intended as legal advice. Each matter has its own set of unique circumstances that cannot be adequately addressed without consultation. You are strongly advised to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in your state to represent you.

Landlord-tenant topics