Can I take part in my new company's recruitment process whilst on a B-1 visa?

New York, NY |

It all depends what exactly mean by "recruitment" process. If you mean attending interviews and filling out questionnaires, technically "no", but then again, who is to know? If, on the other hand, you mean "participating" in your EMPLOYER'S PERM recruitment (and applicant elimination process), then the answer is a definite "no".

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

IF taking part in the process does not mean working for then, you can.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Irrespective of your status, if the recruitment is towards PERM filing in your behalf, you cannot participate in the process.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

What is PERM?!

Recommended articles about Immigration