Can i take one of my teachers to court?

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

i had a class where i had an A bit the last week of finals he gave me an F. For part of my class class i had to personal train a client which was a teacher for a university. i told him that i needed to meet with him 12 times and we only meet 4 times. my client who is a teacher told me dont worry ive already talked to your teacher and he knows i cant meet you for the full 12 times. my client told me that he talked to my professor and he knows my situation and your grade will not be affected by it. so i took his word and at the end of the semester my teacher failed me because he didnt know about my clients situation. My client is a professor also and he lied to me about talking to my professor. can i take him to court for being a liar since he said he talked to my other professor about it?

The short answer is no. You can't sue someone just for being a liar.

Anybody can sue anyone for anything. You, however, cannot win such a lawsuit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes