Can i take my ex to small claims court if she spent money from a bank account while i was in jail?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chillicothe, OH

while i was in jail she spent money and my bank account is now negative $275. she closed after she spent all my money plus another $275 which made it negative. she is not willing to pay the bill to clear my name with the bank

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

1

Answered . Was she an authorized user on the account. If she closed the account it sounds like it is a joint account and you both have a right to the whole of the account. Therefore she can take all the money and there is nothing you can do about it. If it was not a joint account then you may have an argument. The costs to bring a small claims action would probably be more than $275 and if you were in jail the judge may not be real sympathetic to your situation but might.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com