Can i take my child after serving mother with court papers for full custody. before a trial? or do i have to file domestic?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hudson, FL

mother currently refuses to inform me of any information about the child unless i call and complain to her and even then she still refuses to let me know where the child is. would i be wrong to say i want no contact till court date is set or ?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You can't unilaterally decide she's to have no contact. Only the judge can make that determination. Do you have a trial date set? Are there any temporary orders in place? Are the two of you married?

    Free Consultations can be made by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Taking the child by meaning refusing to allow the child to return to the mother is not advised. However, more information is needed here and I think some clarification as well. You honestly would best be served by contacting a local and experienced family law attorney directly and discussing over the phone.

    Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo and offer free consultations.

    /s/ Ophelia Bernal-Mora, Esquire
    Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A.
    37 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 500
    Orlando, FL 32801
    PH: (407) 354-5223

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No, you cannot do this. Her actions should be recorded in a notebook with the date and time and a brief description of what she has said, and done. This will work against her. Please read the provisions of Florida Statutes Section 61.13(3) for guidance as to what you can and cannot do. Both of you have an affirmative obligation to foster and encourage a close and continuing relationship between the child and the other, which is just one of the factors.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you just take the kid and don't allow contact you will hurt your case

Related Topics

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,147 answers this week

3,735 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,147 answers this week

3,735 attorneys answering