Can I take my case back to court after being on probation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Austin, TX

So after 2 years of fighting a case I knew I was not guilty for my court appointed attorney scared me into taking a plea bargain . He said that if I went to a jury trail that there was a chance they would find me guilty and the outcome could be much worse for me . Biggest mistake I've ever made . I should have never taken the plea bargain because I was not guilty and I know I would have won my case. I was only 18. I was naive and scared and the only person there for me was this lousy attorney whom I trusted. This whole situation has ruined my life in so many ways. I know If I had taken to trail, a jury of normal people would have found me not guilty. Is there anything I can do to bring justice or did I make a giant mistake and sealed the deal?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . About your only option is consulting an appellate attorney to see if you have grounds to try to get your case overturned on a writ of habeas corpus.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . Attorneys licensed in TX will give the definitive answer to your question, but I will offer my opinion in the meantime. The chances of taking back your pleas at this point are slim and none. Sorry, but that's the way I see it. To be certain you should meet privately with a good criminal defense attorney in Travis to give you the final word on this.

3. Frank Mascagni III

4

Answered . It is very difficult to try to and be successful in a motion to withdraw your former plea of guilty. Judges disfavor these motions, even when filed timely. Consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to see what the chances are in front of that judge based on the facts you assert. There are governing rules of criminal procedure that set timelines to act. Act now.