Skip to main content

Can I take legal action on trespasser whom I've only been able to notify "Keep off Property" via voice mails + note on vehicle?

Castle Rock, WA |

Person used to be welcome at residence and on surrounding property. Suspected now of burglary - residential and property. Have been unable to speak directly to person. Have left several voice mails specifically stating this person never come on property again. Left note on person's vehicle specifically stating "Keep Off Property" and took photos of note on vehicle + vehicle on property with license plate showing. Person refused to come out of hiding in the woods to talk with me. Do I have any legal recourse via Trespass Laws in this situation? Property outside city limits in Cowlitz County.

Attorney Answers 1


You could call the cops next time person is on your property and the prosecutor could press criminal charges. You could sue him in civil court for trespassing and ask the court for monetary damages.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics