Can I take legal action on a police officer, civil or other?

Asked about 1 year ago - Summerville, SC

one year after abandoning our two children, spouse and a stranger shows up and tries to snatch my daughter from me. An officer arrives at scene and detains me, away from my daughter allowing my spouse to get hands on child. While my daughter was traumatized, officer stood in my way allowing spouse and stranger to abduct her and run off. Spouse admitted the children were living with me. and on a promise to that officer, they would return the child back to me the next day on brother's b.day Officer denied me an incident report nor wanted to see my court papers.
The sole judgement made by that officer that day has caused us great pain by resulting in child removed from her home and school. To date, I can not find them, Several non family witnesses will testify this.

1. John A. Jackson

Answered . You may not receive any compensation but depending on what your "court papers" said it might be worth going to an attorney. Depending on your court papers your ex might have violated a law concerning parental kidnapping. I do not think that an attorney would take this case on a contingent fee but it might be worth it for you to go and speak with an attorney.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Almost certainly not (immunity) but worth seeing a local family law attorney to discuss your options.