Can i take legal action against a former employee under the "tortious interference " law due to losing money and hours

Asked almost 2 years ago - Arvada, CO

my new job will not allow me to contract any job sent from my previous employer due to threat of account cancellation

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . What you are talking about is "tortious interference with contract." You need to sit down and talk with an attorney about this. The attorney will question you about what accounts or contracts have not gone through as a result of their interference and exactly what damages or economic losses you suffered from the interference. It is a very fact-specific and case-specific situation. No one here on Avvo can give you a blanket answer of yes or no. You simply need to sit down with an attorney and discuss your specific circumstances.

2. Stephen Clark Harkess

1

Answered . You can sue anyone for anything at any time. However, if you want to know what your chances of success are, you need to sit down with an attorney and discuss the specifics of your claim.