Can I take defensive driving course before appearing in front of the judge for a speeding ticket that I got.Or do I need to wait

Missouri City, TX |

for my court date and get permission from the judge and than do the defensive driving course.

Wait. One you need to make sure it's an option and two, it might be easier and cheaper to do a deferred disposition. With deferred you pay a fine and stay out of trouble for a short time and the ticket is dismissed. With deferred dispo you will still have the option to take defensive driving if you get another ticket after the deferred period is over.

Although my intent in answering this question is to aid you in the legal process, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship in any way. You should seek the advice and counsel of a qualified attorney in your community to evaluate your legal needs and to advise you. No Attorney-Client Relationship is created without the specific intent of both parties.

You should hold off. Take a look at the back of your citation to see if deferred adjudication is an option, because like Charles said, it's the better of the two. If you don't see it, you can try contacting the court to see what options may be available by mail or phone.

Wait. Many courts will not credit a defensive driving course taken before the agreement has been reached. You don't want to have to take it twice.