Can I take back a plea bargain after serving 1/3 (1year) of the sentence?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anchorage, AK

I received my 3rd dui in Alaska (within 10 years and 2 weeks of the 1st) which is a felony. I have 2 prior felonys due to the fact that during each previous time I rear ended a car. These were over 8 and 10 years ago. I took the plea bargain only after being told by my attorney that I would be eligible for discretionary parole (1/4-1/3 time). This was the only reason I took the plea bargain. I was told by the DOC only after I had served 1/4 of the time that I was not and would not be eligible..

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jasen Bodie Nielsen


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I don't practice in Alaska, but it seems doubtful. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and DWI defenses

After you are arrested for DUI, getting the charges against you dropped or reduced will require you to develop a defense.

Randy Collins

California DUI Under Age 21

Definition California DUI Under Age 21, as the name suggests, is when a minor drinks and drives under the influence of alcohol. More specifically, Californias Zero Tolerance laws define... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,784 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,784 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering