Can I take back a guilty plea?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Harrisburg, PA

If so how can this be done is a hired attorney required>

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Nico Joseph Vitale

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . Yes, it is possible to withdraw a plea of guilty or no contest. Most states have a time limit (eg 60 days) within which you must file a motion to withdraw a plea. The motion is filed with the court that you entered your plea in front of. You need to allege certain grounds such as the court lacked jurisdiction or that you were coerced into entering a plea. Good Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,958 answers this week

3,119 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,958 answers this week

3,119 attorneys answering