Skip to main content

Can i switch my restitution over to community service while im on probation?

Evansville, IN |

i have felonies for theft and im almost done with all my legal troubles, besides restitution and probation.

Attorney Answers 1


The answer is probably not. Restitution is designed to compensate the victim of a crime for the loss he's suffered. Thus, it is unlikely that you will be able to convert a monetary restitution payment to the victim into a non-monetary sanction that benefits the county, such as community service.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics