Can I suit my doctor

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hicksville, NY

I have a c-section. After a week I went to my doctor to take out my stitches.i was there for 2 hours waiting.when there call me in.i was in there for 15m waitingthem I saw him walk by my room. .and when I ask for the doctor they told he left. So the pa had to take out my stitches.two day later I notice a smell was coming out. I thought its was normal it got worse.i call the clinic when I went there1hr wait. They call me I was in for 20m.thats they told me my wound was open 7 inches it's infected there was a stitches in there.

1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

7

Answered . To even have a chance to succeed in a claim against a doctor, you must not only show that the doctor departed from good and accepted medical practice, but that the departure resulted in, and was a proximate cause of, an injury to you. Infections cases, in general, are difficult. Moreover, with any surgery, infection is a risk. That is not say that it's right, or in some cases avoidable, but without knowing more about any injury you sustained, it is difficult to offer an opinion as to whether, or not, you have a viable claim. If you feel wronged, you should contact an local attorney who handles these types of cases to discuss your options. Good luck.

2. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . As stated, most surgeries come with the risk of infections. From your post I do not see what the doctor or PS did wrong. Plus, give the lack of any permanency I think you will find it hard to get an attorney to accept your case given the financial realities of medical malpractice cases.

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

3

Answered . You won't be able to find an attorney to take your case. The injuries just aren't great enough.

4. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Pro

3

Answered . Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear your injury warrants a claim.