Can I suit my doctor

Hicksville, NY |

I have a c-section. After a week I went to my doctor to take out my stitches.i was there for 2 hours waiting.when there call me in.i was in there for 15m waitingthem I saw him walk by my room. .and when I ask for the doctor they told he left. So the pa had to take out my stitches.two day later I notice a smell was coming out. I thought its was normal it got worse.i call the clinic when I went there1hr wait. They call me I was in for 20m.thats they told me my wound was open 7 inches it's infected there was a stitches in there.

1. To even have a chance to succeed in a claim against a doctor, you must not only show that the doctor departed from good and accepted medical practice, but that the departure resulted in, and was a proximate cause of, an injury to you. Infections cases, in general, are difficult. Moreover, with any surgery, infection is a risk. That is not say that it's right, or in some cases avoidable, but without knowing more about any injury you sustained, it is difficult to offer an opinion as to whether, or not, you have a viable claim. If you feel wronged, you should contact an local attorney who handles these types of cases to discuss your options. Good luck.

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

2. As stated, most surgeries come with the risk of infections. From your post I do not see what the doctor or PS did wrong. Plus, give the lack of any permanency I think you will find it hard to get an attorney to accept your case given the financial realities of medical malpractice cases.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. You won't be able to find an attorney to take your case. The injuries just aren't great enough.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

4. Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear your injury warrants a claim.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. NY Attorney, Daniel Buttafuoco, has been voted BEST LAWYER five years in a row and has represented clients all over the United States. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Daniel Buttafuoco strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. www.1800NowHurt.com

Medical malpractice topics