Can I suit my doctor

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hicksville, NY

I have a c-section. After a week I went to my doctor to take out my stitches.i was there for 2 hours waiting.when there call me in.i was in there for 15m waitingthem I saw him walk by my room. .and when I ask for the doctor they told he left. So the pa had to take out my stitches.two day later I notice a smell was coming out. I thought its was normal it got worse.i call the clinic when I went there1hr wait. They call me I was in for 20m.thats they told me my wound was open 7 inches it's infected there was a stitches in there.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To even have a chance to succeed in a claim against a doctor, you must not only show that the doctor departed from good and accepted medical practice, but that the departure resulted in, and was a proximate cause of, an injury to you. Infections cases, in general, are difficult. Moreover, with any surgery, infection is a risk. That is not say that it's right, or in some cases avoidable, but without knowing more about any injury you sustained, it is difficult to offer an opinion as to whether, or not, you have a viable claim. If you feel wronged, you should contact an local attorney who handles these types of cases to discuss your options. Good luck.

    New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas.... more
  2. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As stated, most surgeries come with the risk of infections. From your post I do not see what the doctor or PS did wrong. Plus, give the lack of any permanency I think you will find it hard to get an attorney to accept your case given the financial realities of medical malpractice cases.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You won't be able to find an attorney to take your case. The injuries just aren't great enough.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore,... more
  4. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear your injury warrants a claim.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. NY Attorney, Daniel Buttafuoco, has been voted... more

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,041 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,041 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering