Can I sue Wal-Mart (my current employer) for personal injury and unfit working conditions?

Asked about 1 year ago - 11429

I am an Overnight Loss Prevention security Agent Employed at Wal-Mart in N.Y. for two and a half years. Over the past three months major transformations have taken place to make this store a 24hr Super Center. Throughout this time I have been exposed to nightly construction that entails major construction such as exposure to possible asbestos from insulation and dust from the removal of walls from offices, bathrooms, back warehouse receiving area; etc. The Asset Protection office that i am stationed in was not moved, unlike the personnel, managers offices, employee lounge and warehouse receiving areas. I have taken the last three days off for medical reasons. I have not seen my physician. I have not filed an incident report with Wal-mart, nor LOA yet. For fear of a backlash.

1. Vincent Peter White

3

Answered . If you were in fact exposed to asbestos, you should contact an attorney. However, as a practical matter, I suspect that it is incredibly unlikely that you were exposed to asbestos unless Walmart was retrofitting an aging building for use as a Walmart location. Most Walmart locations were built well after the use of Asbestos in insulation ended.

Pro

4

Answered . Get checked out by a doctor

3. Jonathan David Marx

2

Answered . Get yourself checked out by a doctor to determine if you have been exposed to asbestos, once that is determined then you can go about determining if you have a cause of action against walmart by looking for an asbestos litigation attorney in your area, best of luck.