Can I sue this person for harassment?

So recently a forum troll had been banned for posting messages on my wall even after I asked him to stop. He sent me an apology and I reported him for yet again disobeying my "no contact" request. So now he keeps making duplicate accounts on this forum and sending me insults in my private messages. He also posts a modified ( grotesque ) image of me on my wall and around the forum as well. It's been about a week of this fellow doing this. Can I have him sued?

Check out the enclosed link which may be useful to you:

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

There are two issues here. Criminal liability and civil liability. If you wanted to sue him, you would have to allege some sort of injury that you suffered. For example, did his messages and pictures cause you emotional distress? However, even if you did allege such a claim, it would be a very tough case and probably not worth your time.

You should consult with an attorney that does this type of work for a more thorough review of your circumstances.

It may be possible to get a restraining order which is a form of a civil suit to stop the harassment. If the order is granted and the behavior continues then you have additional grounds for civil action, along with grounds for criminal prosecution. A restraining order is likely the best economical manner to stop the nonsense. Good luck.
Toll free (855) Mr-Cyber-Law

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

I think this is a duplicate question. Getting flamed is a risk you take when you enter a forum. I doubt you will get much traction with the courts unless you can show: 1) a threat of physical bodily harm or; 2) real monetary damage you suffered because of the troll.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.