Can i sue the train company, the driver and the family of the car that my daughter was in???

Colorado Springs, CO |

my daughter was killed in a car accident and so was the driver , can i sue the family of the driver and sue the driver of the train and the train company... the accident happen in kansas and i live in colorado

I am very sorry to hear of this tragedy. It sounds like there could be multiple liable parties, as well as multiple insurance policies that may offer coverage for your terrible loss. I can't really answer this in more detail without more information. However, it is quite clear you should get a high level personal injury attorney to help you with all this. I would suggest retaining a Colorado attorney, and that attorney can obtain qualified co-counsel in Kansas, if necessary. My condolences to you and your family.

2. I am so sorry to read of this. You really owe it to your famil to sit down with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss the possibilities.

Best of luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. I am sorry this happened to your daughter. I agree you need a very good personal injury lawyer. Not only is this likely to be a very substantial case, it also could be a tricky one to handle. Where you should sue depends on many facts not mentioned in your post. Start by finding a good personal injury lawyer in your own area and ask him or her to help you decide where to sue and whom to use as trial counsel. The lawyer in your area will have a stake in the outcome, and will therefore be motivated to make sure the right trial counsel is chosen.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

4. A local personal injury lawyer would pursue a claim against all potential parties