Can i sue the state of Iowa for falsely charging me with a class c felony

Asked over 1 year ago - Waukon, IA

i was being charged with a class C felony and the so called evidence was falsified by the DHS case worker involved and the case worker has a track record of threatening and harassing people shes investigating, the alleged victim and her mother denied the allegations when interviewed by the case worker and cop and i was in the next room and over heard the entire interview so i know 1st hand they denied the allegations. but almost 2 years later i got picked up on a warrant for the alleged crime and there claiming her n her mom are stating stuff they never even said.. and because of the felony warrant i was unable to get a job and support my son before he passed away. so im wondering if i can do a lawsuit and if i can who would i have to sue and what would i be able to sue for

Additional information

also the case/investigation has/had been going on since January 19th 2011 warrant was issued march 8th 2011 was arrested on the warrant Nov 18th 2012. case was dismissed and charges were dropped

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Colin Christopher Murphy


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Were the charges ultimately dismissed or did you plead guilty?

  2. Erik S. Fisk

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You must meet a very high standard to prove malicious prosecution. If you are serious about it, you should meet with an attorney to discuss whether you could possibly meet that standard. Litigation, by its nature, is uncertain, and we can't possibly give you a definitive answer under these facts.

    You can reach our offices directly at (515) 288-6041. The comments listed here are of a general nature and should... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,459 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,459 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering