Can i sue the sheriff department for negligence

Barstow, CA |

I posted my question earlier..There was a report made.Im not sure what it entails...I am in the Process of obtaining it...I was molested, the sheriffs came..There was evidence that something occured. I thought in cases like this they are suppose to report to child protective services. Regardless of their findings..The best interest of the child...I was the child, a innocent lil girl...

1. Law enforcement is largely immune from civil lawsuits when carrying out their duties, especially for negligence-type "not doing a good enough job" type of claim. However, you should consult a local personal injury attorney. You may run into statute of limitations issues, but you should get the consult. Use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.