Can i sue the sheriff department for negligence

Asked 7 months ago - Barstow, CA

I posted my question earlier..There was a report made.Im not sure what it entails...I am in the
Process of obtaining it...I was molested, the sheriffs came..There was evidence that something occured. I thought in cases like this they are suppose to report to child protective services. Regardless of their findings..The best interest of the child...I was the child, a innocent lil girl...

1. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . Law enforcement is largely immune from civil lawsuits when carrying out their duties, especially for negligence-type "not doing a good enough job" type of claim. However, you should consult a local personal injury attorney. You may run into statute of limitations issues, but you should get the consult. Use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO.