Can I sue the restaurant?

Indianapolis, IN |

I went to a well known restaurant today during lunch and it is an open buffet when I went to get my dessert?
my husband asked me to bring him crepe I went and I brought for him the crepe and for me 4 coconut macaroons after that I gave my husband the crepe and told him you can have the dish and I'll put the coconut on the napkins and that time the waiter came and told me you are not allowed to have the coconut in your purse ! you will eat it in this restaurant. So my husband told him to be polite and told him have you seen her putting the coconut in her purse but the waiter insisted to go on what he said so he insulted my husband .And my husband asked for the manager and all the manager did was giving him a gift card for $20 .Can I sue them? and what is the percentage of me winning?

1. The cost of filing suit would not justify whatever you might get in return. Let it go...

2. You can sue anyone; however that does not mean you will win.

Please be aware that e-mail communication is not secure, and your communication with us through this web site and e-mail will not be considered as privileged or confidential, nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. By sending information to us via e-mail, you hereby accept the risks arising from the lack of confidentiality.

3. There should be an injury, where is one?
    This scenario does not likely state a monetary claim.

General legal advice is offered for educational purposes only. A consultation with a qualified attorney is required to determine specific legal advice as to your situation and applicable law. We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.

4. What would you sue them for? There's nothing illegal about getting rude service. The percentage of you winning? 0.0000000000001% In fact, if the judge deems the lawsuit frivolous, which is likely, you could be made to pay the attorney fees for the party you sued!

Advice on this forum is for informational purposes only and should never be mistaken as a substitute for legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, you should consult local legal counsel.

5. The waiter was rude… however nothing he did was anything you should sue over. I say “should” because you can sue for anything… but you won’t win. Be happy with the $20 gift card and move on.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

6. If I'm understanding correctly, your damage is your ego. That has almost no financial value.
    If it bothers you enough, boycott the restaurant and take your money elsewhere.

A lawsuit does not seem viable given the facts you've presented.

No attorney client relationship is created by the above response. The above response if for general information only. Nothing in the responses should be construed as legal advice for any personal injury, workers' compensation, Social Security disability case, or any other type of case. While we provide legal services to those in Oklahoma, nothing can replace actual legal services provided by engaging an attorney.