Can I sue the parents of a school bully?

My son has been beaten on by a kid at school. School does what they can, but not enough. Maybe if parents have to pay for his behavior it will change. Do I sue in small claims or larger court?

Concord, CA -

Attorney Answers (1)

David C. Garner

David C. Garner

Employment / Labor Attorney

It depends on your damages. Small claims court has a limit of $7500, so that might be a good place to start. Generally in California a parent is liable for the wilful misconduct of a minor child. You might also seek a restraining order against the miscreant.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.