Can I sue the Orlando Police for sending the fugitive warrant squad the arrest me at my job, just for finding something.

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

A detective of the OPD sent a fugitive squad to arrest me for finding something on the ground, he sent them to my job just to get me fired, this had nothing to do with my job, and he came to my job 2 times before, its clear that I did not steal anything because its all on camara, but he said he would at least get me fired, I turned myself in, the charges are pending, I know they will be dropped, and after they are I want to sue the officer for being so aggressive, and coming to my job, and getting me fired. They had my home address but he said I would get fired, and I did, because of him I want to sue for my lost wages. He has at least 3 internal affairs complaints against him for, obstruction to the public, and excessive force.

1. Evan Mitchell Kleiman

6

Answered . In order sue an officer and/or law enforcementy agency you must show that they acted with actual malice. This is a very high burden to meet. Police and Police agencies have wide discretion in the exercise of their police powers

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

1

Answered . I will give what I think is the only possible answer to your question in this format. You need to sit down with an attorney for a detailed evaluation in order to get a reasonable answer to the question. In any event, you may have a viable lawsuit against the particular officer as well as the department and the City. You need to consult with an attorney who practices in civil litigation with experience in civil rights/police misconduct cases in federal court. I would not post any more information on the Internet (that includes Face Book). You need to speak directly with a lawyer with the appropriate skills and experience for this difficult type of litigation. I'm going to edit the practice area of this question so that it comes to the attention of the type of counsel you need.

3. Constantine D. Buzunis

4

Answered . I agree with attorneys Klieman and Jones.