CAn I sue the mover for damages to antique furniture, stolen jewelry and a handgun?

Asked about 1 year ago - Charlottesville, VA

The jewelry and hand gun were in a box that the shipper was told specifically to exclude from the load. That I would transport it myself. I found boxes had been opened and rifled through then resealed. Antique dining room set is nearly destroyed and will take a master craftsman to repair...if it is even salvageable. I contracted with Neighbors Moving and storage and they sent a company called QRS to move me. From Leadville, CO to Charlottesville, VA. In addition while helping them unload the truck, something I had to do as there was only one person at the time, the load shifted and fell on me. I was not knocked out but did suffer a head injury. Now I have a vicious ongoing headache and severe neck pain. I had to actually rescue the other party as he was pinned against the wall

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Seek medical attention immediately.

Contact a personal injury attorney in your area to determine your legal options. Much will turn on the terms of the contract you signed regarding the damages. The injury is a separate issue/.