CAn I sue the mover for damages to antique furniture, stolen jewelry and a handgun?

Charlottesville, VA |

The jewelry and hand gun were in a box that the shipper was told specifically to exclude from the load. That I would transport it myself. I found boxes had been opened and rifled through then resealed. Antique dining room set is nearly destroyed and will take a master craftsman to repair...if it is even salvageable. I contracted with Neighbors Moving and storage and they sent a company called QRS to move me. From Leadville, CO to Charlottesville, VA. In addition while helping them unload the truck, something I had to do as there was only one person at the time, the load shifted and fell on me. I was not knocked out but did suffer a head injury. Now I have a vicious ongoing headache and severe neck pain. I had to actually rescue the other party as he was pinned against the wall

1. Seek medical attention immediately.

Contact a personal injury attorney in your area to determine your legal options. Much will turn on the terms of the contract you signed regarding the damages. The injury is a separate issue/.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.