Can I sue the management company (that my landlord hired) for negligence, poor management, and property damage?

I live in a small trailer community, we all own our property but we rent the land from the landlord. he hired a property management company that runs the land, has horrible costumer service, they do not want to do anything that we ask of them. they have placed a water meter on my house without my consent, then they charge us for well water ON PAPER! try to steal our money because they control the land. but a couple months ago they hired some random person to treat the well water. they put a very high level of chlorine in the well.

Coatesville, PA -

Francine Cullari

Francine Cullari

Real Estate Attorney - Grand Blanc, MI

Generally, you can sue the management company and its employees for its negligence and property damage. The landlord hired the company and I would say you might not be able (have "standing") to sue the manager for breach of the contract between the company and the landlord, unless you can show the residents were intended third party beneficiaries (which I would say they are). You could also sue your landlord for negligent hiring and supervision of an independent contractor (even though the managing company is not an employee of the landlord, the landlord still has certain responsibilities regarding the company.

Michael Anthony Walker

Michael Anthony Walker

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norristown, PA

You may generally sue a management company for a breach of a duty owed to you that results in damages.

Related Advice