Skip to main content

Can I sue the man who raped me 16 yrs ago

Hamilton, OH |

I was raped when I was seventeen with a result of getting pregnant my mother wouldn't press charges on him then two years later it happened again to me I filed charges an he is NW a registered sex offender but still didn't do any jail time

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Depending on the date of the incident and the jurisdiction of this incident will determine what your rights are. Speak to an attorney who does personal injury, but try speaking to a family law attorney as well.

Go over the specific facts with them and it will be to your benefit.

Wesley C. Buchanan, Esq.
Attorney at Law
(330) 249-1778

Advice given by Wesley C. Buchanan, Esq., does not create the Attorney-Client relationship. Buchanan Law Inc. is located at 12 East Exchange Street, 5th Floor, Akron, Ohio 44308.


That would depend on the statute of limitations. Suggest you contact a local personal injury attorney as most will provide an initial consultation for free.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer