Can I sue the ICE agents?

Tobyhanna, PA |

I have been in place immigration removal proceeding over 9 years since 2004. 2/11 2004, I arrested by the police. And the police made me arrest by the ICE agents in court room for criminal preliminary On 3/5/2004, At that time, I married to US citizen with overstay visa and no criminal record. And I was free on bail and criminal case was pending until 2/3/2006. But the ICE put me in jail and made false statement I-213 for inadmissible On 3/8/2004. 2/3/2006, I plead guilty to 306 M3, 364days probation, $1,000.00 fine. that was petty offense and only my criminal history. Even after plead guilty, The ICE made false information about me send to the Court. I had 3 immigration lawyer since 2004, but nobody anything done me. Last year the Judge agreed, I am not in admissible

Not on the facts presented.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

It is very difficult to sue an agent and you would need very strong evidence to have any chance at success. There are lots of very good immigration attorneys out there, sorry to hear that you have gone through so many. Good Luck.

I don't see a case here against the ICE.

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

You can sue anyone but that doesn't mean you prevail. Here, the facts don't look to be on your side. Speak with a personal injury Attorney

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

Recommended articles about Immigration