Can I sue the housing for not checking the apartment before I move in.Can I sue the housing for cameras that I didn't install

Asked almost 2 years ago - Waldorf, MD

I had this situation that I'm been harass,threaten inside my apartment.My things been stolen like clothing,cellphones,I been posion. When I move into apartment I hear voices but I didn't think anything about it until I seen the next door neighbor leave. I still hear them.They was saying things about my pass that no one should know about. When I first move into my apartment the carpets wasn't vaccuum and the outlet was broken in my bedroom I did the house inspection and hot water wasn't working at all.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . You MAY have grounds to sue. In part it depends on steps you may or may not have taken when you discovered the issues. Recommend you see a MD landlord tenant attorney and discuss your options.

You have a number of issues: working hot water is a health and safety issue for which your landlord is directly responsible.

Your landlord does have some responsibility for security too--you need to ensure you contact police if you have been robbed.

You think you are being poisoned--contact police if you believe this is the result of someone’s acts against you; you MAY have grounds to sue the LL if the LL is poisoning you by asbestos or some other toxin in the property.

Not sure what to make of the 'voices' you hear.

If you informed the LL about the broken outlet and he fixed it, you likely cannot no complain about the matter. Ditto the carpet not being vacuumed.